The Royal Danish Embassy in Paris is looking for a dedicated and dynamic Advisor in relation to green transition, with a focus on energy efficiency and renewable energy. The Danish government aims to create links between Danish companies and countries that can benefit from their experience and expertise in light of the foreseen investments related to the NextGeneration EU funds. The position is part of the global sector team in the Danish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- The Trade Council - where you will be part of not only your local team but also a global team of highly qualified advisors around the world.
Your primary responsibility as an Advisor will be to create the right environment for Danish solutions in France within energy efficiency and renewable energy. You will work directly with both French stakeholders as well as Danish companies in promoting their solutions in the market. Furthermore, you will also get the opportunity to develop business strategies and public affairs activities in collaboration with our sector advisors for both small and large Danish companies.
You will be part of the dynamic and growing green team at the embassy. Most of your assignments will be focused on the development of strategic level positioning of Danish energy experience and company strongholds. Often using a mixture of public affairs and activities that are more concrete in bringing solutions to market, in many cases drawing upon a network in the energy sector and regulators.
The green transition is an important priority for Denmark, and we want to leverage your experience and existing network in this field.
What we offer:
- Internationalization work in France, building on the already strong bilateral connections, connecting French investments and priorities to concrete Danish solutions.
- Working directly with Danish authorities as well as companies in promoting Danish solutions in France to the benefit of the green transition.
- A team of dedicated and experienced colleagues. A results-based environment based on internationalization KPI’s focusing on value creation and activity level for our “clients”.
- A “flat” hierarchy and large degrees of autonomy and flexibility in your work.
- Being part of a regional team in South West Europe encompassing France, Italy, Portugal, Spain as well as the global network of advisors within energy and energy efficiency at the Danish missions.
- A modern workplace in Danish tradition with a focus and priority on work-life balance and professional development, including:
o CDI – permanent contract
o Working week of 37 hours per week with flexible working hours.
o 5 weeks of paid holiday per year and a flexible Danish working scheme.
o Salary according to qualifications and relevant experience.
o Competence development activities in both Denmark and France.
Please note that the contract will be subject to the local law.
- Experience with the energy sector, including renewable energy/energy efficiency or related sectors from e.g. a company, government agency, consultancy or NGO in France.
- Strong ability to identify relevant market opportunities and develop activities promoting Danish solutions.
- Sector based profile with several years of international experience.
- Experience with public affairs initiatives and strategies.
- A Master’s degree in political science, business administration, engineering and/or other commercially oriented graduate degree.
- Solid network within and understanding of the energy sector in France, alternatively, in the construction sector or other relevant industry.
- Ability to forge tight trust based relations.
- Understanding of public sector dynamics.
- Experience related to public tender processes and experience related to green infrastructure and financing would be a plus.
- Fluency in English and French, knowledge of Danish would be an advantage.
We are looking for:
- A proactive, resourceful and strong networker.
- A team player who values a good working environment with a strong focus on cooperation.
- A result oriented approach with a talent for converting opportunities to specific projects
- A driven, ambitious and outgoing personality
You will be hired at the Royal Danish Embassy in France and be part of the embassy staff, and reporting directly to the Head of Trade. Further, you will work closely with colleagues at the embassies in South West Europe, spanning France, Italy, Portugal and Spain within Energy and Environment.
As soon as possible following security clearance by the Danish Security and Intelligence Service.
30 April 2021
Application and recruitment process:
Please send your application (resume and cover letter) marked “Energy Advisor” [your name]”. Applications without a cover letter explaining the motivation to apply for the position will not be considered.
For any questions regarding this position, please contact David Schjerlund, Head of Trade, via email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +33 6 7879 0643.
About the Embassy/Trade Council of Denmark:
The Embassy of Denmark in France is a dynamic workplace that represents Denmark’s political, commercial and cultural relationship with France We are approximately 50 employees at the embassy. The Trade Council team (TC Paris) is a department of currently six commercial advisors and two interns, led by the Head of Trade.
The Embassy of Denmark in Paris attaches great importance to equal opportunities for all and therefore welcomes applications from all qualified persons regardless of race, sex, religion, age or disability. The chosen candidate must present a “No Criminal Record” and pass security clearance by the Danish authorities prior to employment. For further information visit https://frankrig.um.dk/fr/ and www.um.dk